Team-NeO Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeO_Anderson

World reset(s) regarding the release of Minecraft 1.9 (Whenever that may be...)

As you are all aware, minecraft 1.9 will soon be released. When? No idea exactly... however...so that you're all aware. The following worlds WILL be deleted/reset when we switch over to 1.9:

1) Survival 1.7 World

2) Nether

We will be upgrading to 1.9 as soon as we're able to after the release of 1.9 this is usually NOT instant and is usually some days maybe even a week or two AFTER the 1.9 release so please be patient and don't ask when as we cannot tell you until we ourselves know. Any questions? post here  :)

Are we keeping all the pvp mcmmo stuff (mainly looking at axes), since they change the pvp combat so much in 1.9 and with nerf on sharpness and protection i fear that the axes will just be unstoppable and shields will have no impact at all. I think axes should atleast be changed in way that they are atleast not completly dominating all the rest and new stuff thats coming :smile:

The people who develop the mcmmo plugin are quite smart... im sure they already have ideas on how they will handle the new minecraft update. They will make sure each thing gives its own special benefit or ability. On the server side yah just gotta observe and see how things go and make changes based on what you see. Currently the mcmmo plugin has quite effective benefits for unarmed/swords/axes/bows however we just use axes and bows mainly.

Well if we atleast update those then, then i am ok with it. Just had the feeling since the mcmmo stuff hasnt changed in so long that we would stick with it like it is now and that would rly unbalanced in the upcoming update ;)

Is there anything that can be done about the nether village? I know that if it is allowed to be moved over without donating might seem unfair, but it's a community village that benefits everyone, not just me.

== EDIT ==

I would be willing to pay for the village transfer if it has to come to that, because I feel very strongly that the village helps out a lot of people :biggrin:. I'd still like it to be transferred for free though, for the benefit of the community.

Well the date wasn't confirmed but they said it will be released around 23rd of April.

Besides as what Anderson said to that it must be delayed for around like 2 weeks since the mcmmo plugin managers are under maintenance for the combat update.

In terms of plugins we would update to 1.9 with or without mcmmo or other non essential plugins if need be and yes if the axes are op even against shields then I imagine the devs would fix that or we would have to disable them as I don't know if it's on config to nerf them somehow.

Well right now in 1.8 Axes, you need atleast 7 minimal critical attacks to kill a full protection4 set,

But with blocking using the diamond sword could need 8.5 approx critical attacks in order to kill...since almost 90% of people don't use the sword as their shield the 1.9 will arithmetically remove the enchanted golden apple since it is just a hella op with the resistance and replace it with the shield..in my opinion it is just no big differences at all.. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.