Server is currently running: 266.40
How to update:
- Download the steamcmd client here: http://www.team-neo....ds/steamcmd.zip
- Extract the contents of the above file into the games directory. (Next to your ARK_Launcher-MP.exe)
- You should see a bunch of folders, "Engine", "ShooterGame" and now "steamcmd". (Please see the image above to see what your directory should look like)
- Open the folder steamcmd and run the file "ark_update.bat". Once you start to see messages like "Already updated" you can now close the window (if it doesnt automatically close)
- Run the game and you'll now be updated!
If your game closes after showing the Ark Survival Evolved splash/wallpaper screen then this means that your steam client files are not cracked to support the game. Please follow these steps:
1) if you have steam running, exit it
2) locate your steam folder (ex: C:Program Files (x86)Steam). rename the file appcachepackageinfo.vdf into anything else (ex: packageinfo.vdf.backup)
3) login to your fake account (a new packageinfo.vdf will be generated)
4) exit steam
5) Run AppID.Patch.exe. click the "Browse" button, select your newly created packageinfo.vdf into your steam folder. In AppId, put 346110 and click "Patch". Close AppID patcher
5a) if you have an error, try to add any other free game into your fake account
6) login to your fake steam account. you should now see ARK in your library. If you don't see it, you can still continue.
7) Run ARK_Launcher_MP.exe
8) In game main menu, click "JOIN ARK", select filter "Unofficial". You will see all available servers. Click "Join" to connect
9) when you have finished playing, Before using back your legit steam account, restore your previous saved packageinfo.vdf (packageinfo.vdf.backup) and rename it to packageinfo.vdf, or you can just delete the patched packageinfo.vdf
Edited by NeO_Anderson, 23 April 2017 - 02:25 PM.