FernaoDias

My Argentavis is gone

4 posts in this topic

I was playing and in approaching flight to my base and suddenly the internet crashed.
It took almost an hour to get back and when I finally logged in I was in the same place only in the water, but my bird disappeared. 
by the inventory of the tribe she did not die. but simply disappeared. I've been all round to look for it and find it nowhere.
I have two twins Argentavis called Arg (level 237) e Mara (level 238), Mara is missing
Edited by FernaoDias

You will eventually find it. There is currently a bug in game (not server related), when you get damage in water all the flyers wandering away and stay somewhere. Try to look sky they can even be at border. I hope you find it, GL! :D

There is also a phantom bug in this game whereby dinos will just vanish. Literally disappear off the map. I guess you could call it "despawning". It is something that has plagued ARK since day one but Devs have yet to fix it...or even accept that it is a real thing. There are many reasons this could occur but because it is so 'rare' it is not something that will happen everytime...thus making it even more frustrating because you will never know truly if the dino actually disappeared...or just wandered off and is in a different place in the world. Some people have reported that having a tamed dino standing in certain areas of the world can cause it to vanish, or standing on resource nodes (where resources will spawn)....but this is all unconfirmed....I think no one truly knows what causes this, including the developers which is why they haven't actually fixed it.

I must say though , I personally haven't experienced vanishing dinos yet. I have thought they vanished, then found them weeks later very far from anywhere I have ever been before....yet they're there...it is quite bizarre.