Theillusiveman

Full Aron experience

3 posts in this topic

Hey now I was wondering why there isn't player download I've been attempting to get the whip but I can't. I was wondering why you opted not to add downloaded characters 

it leaves out a lot of creatures and the experience we love the island don't get me wrong that's my favorite map. But I'd like to have my whip and other creatures doesn't feel like we're free to full game experience .. we prefer your server any ways

All I'm saying is so,e people like to be pefectionist and have personal achievements. We'd like to unlock the whole engram roster. We'd like to be able to bring our best creatures from scorch or ragna yet the people on the island keep slaughtering in groups with twenty Rex's. Come on man like it's a full game yet we can only play limited items on the island limited creatures some of us would like wyvrens whips and golems . Some of us actually like the bosses. just saying. It might be a good thing I wanna see a full server

Edited by Theillusiveman
For go at to add another side note

On 9/17/2017 at 7:04 PM, Theillusiveman said:

Hey now I was wondering why there isn't player download I've been attempting to get the whip but I can't. I was wondering why you opted not to add downloaded characters 

it leaves out a lot of creatures and the experience we love the island don't get me wrong that's my favorite map. But I'd like to have my whip and other creatures doesn't feel like we're free to full game experience .. we prefer your server any ways

When we first opened the ARK server and I myself was considered a "baby" in the ARK world as I just started playing, loved the game, and decided to host a server in it (like I usually do with games i like). Withouot realising the dangers, we allowed players to transfer their characters from other servers and that like you said, meant they could also download their dinos too. Great right? Wrong. Very very wrong. I don't know if this is your plan which is why you're asking this question but the reason we disabled this option is because around a month in on the server, when players had JUST managed to get decent-ish homes, gathered enough resources, got a bunch of cool dinos e.t.c a very nice individual decided to take advantage of the character download, and downloaded his own character along with dinosaurs that had levels of 908908192893, far beyond anything the server was able to produce or equip to handle. He went from person to person, base to base, destroying everyone and everything he came across. Needless to say, many hours, days, weeks of hard work by many of our community - gone , in a day. We do not feel it is acceptable to put our community at such risks by allowing players to download their characters or dinos. We also found out that characters themselves could be leveld up just like the dinos on another server, gain a melee damage of an insane level and then join other servers that allow character download and without even needing to get tools, weapons or dinos...could literally punch a metal wall and break it with their hand. Again, this is FAR too dangerous to allow on the server.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:45 PM, Theillusiveman said:

All I'm saying is so,e people like to be pefectionist and have personal achievements. We'd like to unlock the whole engram roster.

This is perfectly understandable and as far as I know, (which is quite difficult to predict) we have increased certain things to allow you to earn and unlock all engrams. If this isn't the case, then it certainly should let you unlock 90%+ of them.

We'd like to be able to bring our best creatures from scorch or ragna yet the people on the island keep slaughtering in groups with twenty Rex's. 

Then I suggest you get twenty Rex's of your own and do the same to them. Our server has been operating for quite sometime, if one person is able to use the materials we provide on our server without the need for character download and can kill you or break into your base then there's nothing at all that is stopping YOU from doing the same to them. This boils down to skill, dedication, and luck. They did not have character download to get what they have why should you be treated differently?

Come on man like it's a full game yet we can only play limited items on the island limited creatures some of us would like wyvrens whips and golems . Some of us actually like the bosses. just saying.

When we first opened our server, everything you see now is considered the "full game". The creatures you speak of, are NOT part of the map that we run on our server that is why you do not see those creatures in the world. If you want those creatures in the server then the only way that would ever happen would be if we changed our server to run the map in which they spawn. Sorry but we don't intend right now to change the servers map to the other one but that does not mean the game incomplete , that is just your opinion based on not having access to something you want access to, which are two entirely separete things.

I wanna see a full server

As do I , but enabling character download so that our community is at risk of 1 person deciding to destroy everyones base in 10mins is not exactly going to achieve that, infact I think it would completely counter that.