TheMarcellus

Resetting the End City

24 posts in this topic

So most of the players now know that the End City is out of shulkers and there is no use to it. I think it's time to reset the End City to give other players a chance.

So, who supports this ? Reply below :)

TheMarcellus

Personally I vote to have a alternative way of getting shulker shells/boxes. Possibly a challenge of sorts where you pay say $150 to enter then you have to do some parkour go through a maze defeat some mobs answer questions about the server and other stuff like that. Something that makes obtaining shulkers difficult ,as they are truly supposed to be difficult to obtain, but to also make them available to players who are willing to take on the challenge. Also had a idea to make it like 1 attempt per week and you get say 5 deaths once entering the maze with kitpvp like kits being provided. So die in the parkour and lose a life spend more then like 10 minutes in the maze lose a life and die from mobs lose lives. 

I don't think resetting end cities is a good idea reason why.... Whos got tons of shulkers right now... people who raided them with donator abilities right when it was opened. So whats the point of resetting just to allow a new generation of donators to raid them all again. 

As for the end world I still want the main island to be a shopping center with plots for regular players. Like warriors because he did a fantastic job... but in the end. 

I'm for the idea of SeniorWizard because if the end city gets resetted, donators will rush to them and the new players won't be able to get them and the idea of wizard supports new players the most in my opinion because shulkers are sold for 1000 dollars ATM but with that alternative way  they are able to get it for much less

My vote goes to SeniorWizard

LoL well Valco buddy you one of those people xD, anyway wanted to talk to you about the skulker stuff will get into it when I'm online tonight

if you disable flying then how are you able to go to the cities ? you can't build walkways since it's protected and if you use an ender pearl you have a chance to fall in the void

I agree with disabling flying it's only fair. If you really want shulker boxes then take the risk of ender pearling I've done it before and found a tower that hasn't been raided although it took a lot of ender pearls and time

Edited by BlueFlameMaster

I agree that it can be done... but honestly some kids gonna say "this is too damn hard" then go install hacks. 

Obviously mods would help you complete a challenge like i described but they will not help you answer questions about the server or get say $150 to enter. And as stated your still limited to one a week per player.

I don't think disabling flying is a good idea.  Maby even setting a shulker spawner in some of the cities would allow everyone to get some. 

Edited by XtremeZer0

The problem with spawners is that people are gonna sit and grind all day. Then theres gonna be a abundance of shulkers and they wont be a hard to get valuable item as Minecraft intended them to be. 

I think that resetting the END will not solve the problem as in its current state, all that will happen is donators will fly to the citie and take all the shulkers at once and we're back to square one. It'd be pretty much pointless...

So that is not the best idea, so what if we disable fly? Well, yes. This should prevent donators from doing the above. However, also as mentioned above, this will simply encourage people to cheat as since they cannot fly with donator, and the only alternative way to fly is to cheat...they will naturally do that. Not saying our donators would do this but in general, it would be the next best thing. Even if donators COULD fly, people could easily install cheats to fly (for free) and get the shoulkers which again defeats the purpose.

So how can we really make it fair for all but not overly complicated....well....that's is very tough question and so what if we took the control out of players hand, and said, well, instead....you must answer some questions about the server. Will this solve the issue? Unfortunately not. If you imagine, the questions players would have to ask, would be about the server, and there's no "unlimited" amount of questions that could be created, it woul dhave to be questions that players could easily find the answer to thus our questions database would be pretty restricted. This being said, not only would there be a limited amount of questions that could be asked but also you will find player A telling Player B the answers to the questions so that he/she could get the shoulkers too. OR even worse, Player A created a second account in order to get the SHoulkers, this is assuming we limited the question-answering to 1 per account. Because, if we didnt, they could just answer the questions over an over an over again getting free shoulkers.....so this does not seem like the best path to take evidently....which brings us back to square one.....

I think our ONLY legit, "free" and "to not easy" way to give players shoulkers without compromising the rarity of it all...and not encouraging cheating or multiplpe account abuse e.t.c would be if we perhaps add shoulker's as a "winnable" item to something like The Lottery. This is fee based, so it would require you to be somewhat active on the server....but it would not compromise the rarity of it all.

Your thoughts?

Answering a few questions was only a small portion of our idea above. There could be tons of other things a player would have to do and still only be able to get 1 per week or so.

Could do lottery or something similar like you could add it to lucky blocks or make a player receive one for say every 25,000 blocks they mine. Could add it to the loot from a giant or treasure rewards. 

Or Add it to the Shop, true its meant to be hard earned, but you could make it very expensive in shop making people have to work to gain them. 

i think it's the best to let people work for them not be able to buy it from the shop and it's probably more fun aswell

perhaps make a seperate pr that is very hard to do or like wizard said do it as an achievement or do it like that there is a somesort of parkour with mob arena, maze etc. to make it more fun to earn the shulker boxes, I myself think that's the best way to let people earn the shulker boxes

On 10/5/2017 at 1:17 AM, Sweeperkaas said:

Or Add it to the Shop, true its meant to be hard earned, but you could make it very expensive in shop making people have to work to gain them. 

If you add it to the shop you can set the price as ridiculously expensive as you want but for how long will that last... For example beacons. Back when people had a max of say $3000 no one was gonna pay $500 to get a beacon. Now years later $500 is pocket change. The same will happen unless someone is around to adjust prices according to the economy. 

personaly i see every side of this debate and i can see all of your points so ill start with the origional request for restarting the end

i agree with anderson and wizard the problem about reseting the end is that donators will just swoop in and grab every single shell, when the update first came out i went to the end about a week after and traveled nearly 10,000 blocks and still never found a shulker i saw many end ships and citys but not a single shulker

next i heard a comment about disabling flying and that it would be to hard to navigate the end with just enderpearls but when i traveled the end i did not have a elytra so i was relying on enderpearls the hole time so yes it was hard but its posible to just use enderpearls in the end.

some one else said hackers would just cheat well to be honest hackers are just everywhere so saying one idea wont work cuz of hackers dose not make sense cuz hackers could lets say break the maze that wizard requested

now lets get to wizards idea about challeges personaly i really like this idea cuz it would make it interesting recently i have made mini challenges for myself like mapping out the entire server or completing all the achevments (which i completed but then lost it all cuz of the 1.12 update :( :( ) but having lets say a dungon that you can do for a fee would be interesting and make it fair for everyone to get a shulkershell (hackers not included)

next anderson mentioned that the question idea would not work well cuz you player a can tell player b the answer OK that is fair but player a cant help player b to do parkor 

anderson also said that player a could just make alt accounts true but with a fee they are still paying for a chance to get the shulker shell cuz if they die all 5 times (as wizard said) they would lose

adding shulker shells to they lucky drop thing would be a nice idea but no one uses it anyway cuz the odds are so bad and you dont even know what you could get i have done it befor and got nothing but dirt after nearly 50 trys

adding it to the shop would also be a nice idea but as wizard put it the shop needs to be updated to the economy but even then it would be hard cuz even now for some people 500$ is a lot for other people its nothing my bal has never got above 3000$ for a long time but for xtreamezer0 his bal is 30,000 (i think)

my solution to this would be (like wizard) to add a dungeon like challenge where you have to fight mini bosses or do a maze and make it random for what you would have to do so you cant just get on a alt account and copy what you did (im good at red stone and command blocks so i can get something for the randomising part of it for you) and to make it so its even harder add a time limit or death conter or both even as for hackers they are everywhere so nothing is going to stop them

17 hours ago, AntheaJr_kcc said:

personaly i see every side of this debate and i can see all of your points so ill start with the origional request for restarting the end

i agree with anderson and wizard the problem about reseting the end is that donators will just swoop in and grab every single shell, when the update first came out i went to the end about a week after and traveled nearly 10,000 blocks and still never found a shulker i saw many end ships and citys but not a single shulker

next i heard a comment about disabling flying and that it would be to hard to navigate the end with just enderpearls but when i traveled the end i did not have a elytra so i was relying on enderpearls the hole time so yes it was hard but its posible to just use enderpearls in the end.

some one else said hackers would just cheat well to be honest hackers are just everywhere so saying one idea wont work cuz of hackers dose not make sense cuz hackers could lets say break the maze that wizard requested

now lets get to wizards idea about challeges personaly i really like this idea cuz it would make it interesting recently i have made mini challenges for myself like mapping out the entire server or completing all the achevments (which i completed but then lost it all cuz of the 1.12 update :( :( ) but having lets say a dungon that you can do for a fee would be interesting and make it fair for everyone to get a shulkershell (hackers not included)

next anderson mentioned that the question idea would not work well cuz you player a can tell player b the answer OK that is fair but player a cant help player b to do parkor 

anderson also said that player a could just make alt accounts true but with a fee they are still paying for a chance to get the shulker shell cuz if they die all 5 times (as wizard said) they would lose

adding shulker shells to they lucky drop thing would be a nice idea but no one uses it anyway cuz the odds are so bad and you dont even know what you could get i have done it befor and got nothing but dirt after nearly 50 trys

adding it to the shop would also be a nice idea but as wizard put it the shop needs to be updated to the economy but even then it would be hard cuz even now for some people 500$ is a lot for other people its nothing my bal has never got above 3000$ for a long time but for xtreamezer0 his bal is 30,000 (i think)

my solution to this would be (like wizard) to add a dungeon like challenge where you have to fight mini bosses or do a maze and make it random for what you would have to do so you cant just get on a alt account and copy what you did (im good at red stone and command blocks so i can get something for the randomising part of it for you) and to make it so its even harder add a time limit or death conter or both even as for hackers they are everywhere so nothing is going to stop them

I agree with hackers having a advantage. Thats why I suggested including answering questions and a fee to join. A hacker can't install mods to give him the answers or give him free money. Similarly, as you pointed out another player, although they could give out the answers, can't help a player do the parkour. The idea only would work properly if both types of challenges are included. 

Lucky drop is currently broken but if it were used it would have to be extremely rare to get it. Think if a shulker box is worth $1000 in theory you should have pay $2 500 times to get a "fair" result. Obviously its not all about the money but shulkers shouldn't be as easy to get as dirt either. 

The ability to get money in the server is dependent on the given circumstances. I've seen times where you couldn't get $1000 in two weeks and times where you could get $5000 in a single hour. However, as I see it anyone can get plenty of money if their ambitious. 

Easiest way I see to prevent alternate accounts from being used is to show a giant message saying a person completed the challenge and was rewarded. If that message comes amazingly after someone just had their first join a hour ago most likely someones going to notice and report them. 

On 08/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, NeO_Wizard said:Easiest way I see to prevent alternate accounts from being used is to show a giant message saying a person completed the challenge and was rewarded. If that message comes amazingly after someone just had their first join a hour ago most likely someones going to notice and report them. 

Hopefully some one reports them

what if instead of getting money for lucky blocks you got like end stone for (easy), a shulker shell for (medium), and a box for (hard).

Edited by XtremeZer0

17 hours ago, XtremeZer0 said:

what if instead of getting money for lucky blocks you got like end stone for (easy), a shulker shell for (medium), and a box for (hard).

Sounds like a decent idea. Only problems i see is it undermines the donator shop a bit, is marginally easier for people with beacons to achieve (weather that is looked upon as a problem or not), and we used to have the problem of people having full inventories and not receiving their prize. Its really a bummer when that happens.

Yes agreed with Godfather, it really is bad, But I think its a great idea XtremeZer0, theirs just a lot that might go wrong. I for one would mostly prefer a interesting parkour course and try my luck their thou.

But what I think we could do is maybe take and idea or 2 thats been mentioned in this post and take them for a month trail runs?

Godfather is just a title. Anyways, to the idea of testing the ideas. Its a lot of work to develop some of these ideas and to make them actually work. Then there is the problem of glitches and things that happen that are not supposed to but are almost inevitable. Also, one month does not give a appropriate amount of time to see the true effects of the ideas. I think it would be better to simply go with one idea and make it the best that it could be.