NeO_Anderson

Feed The Beast Server [Apply To Join Here]

3 posts in this topic

As some of you from Team-NeO 1.0 may know, we started a server in a thing called FTB/Feed The Beast. This is basically a heavily modified Minecraft that completely transforms what Minecraft is...to what Minecraft SHOULD be... in someways :tongue:

Anyway, due to there being so many mods it is very resource demanding but worst of all, there are many "bugged" items in the game that once placed in the world, would literally corrupt the entire world...so it was often quite difficult to actually host a stable FTB server that didnt either corrupt or harm other servers through lag which brings me to my point here. We've decided (because its actually really fun..) to host FTB again but with a more recent and apparently 'stable/optimized' pack that should allow us to host without any problems but I cannot guaruntee that 100% for obvious reasons - we simply dont know at this stage.

I can confirm the server has been going stable with a few of us admins on it playing for the past few days and all seems fine so that's a good sign. Unlike before when we opened the server completely to the public for anyone to join. We've decided in this instance that we will open it under a whitelist method whereby only those that are trusted will be allowed to join. You can request this through me directly, just PM me. Why am I posting this in a public place? because there are some players that no doubt dont have Verifeid or Admin but we would deem acceptable to join the server. You pretty much need at least an Admin to vouch for you and upon agreeing @ HeadAdmin level, we will add you.

So a quick summary...

Q: What is FTB?

A: FTB which stands for Feed The Beast is basically Minecraft but with many many mods added. The FTB ModPack we use (FTB Infinity Evolved) consists of I believe 170+ mods.

Q: What FTB ModPack do I need and are there any extra mods I need to manually download?

A: You would need FTB Infinity Evolved. You will also need to download the mods attached to this post and place those inside your FTB Infinity's Mods folder. Example location: C:\FTB_Folder\FTBInfinity\minecraft\mods

Download The Extra Mods

Q: Can I join?

A: If an admin or above vouches and a HeadAdmin also agrees - yes.

Q: How do I apply to join?

A: There is no "formal" process but if you ask me directly, or post a reply to this topic and admins will discuss privately whether they wish to vouch for your or not. If no one does or  HeadAdmins decide not to at their stage in the process then we will simply delete the post here (if you made one) and PM you to let you know. If you're accepted, we will delete the post and of course, PM you directly to let you know.

Q: Will the server crash? or be laggy?

A: So far - no. Will it remain this way indefinately? This is in the hands of the Gods. Going from history with other FTB Packs, yes, it has crashed and corrupted worlds e.t.c. We're hoping 3rd time lucky with this new FTB Pack.

Q: Are there admins on the FTB Server?

A: As our community for the FTB Server are all either Admins , Verified or trust worthy people from our main Minecraft server, there's no need for Admins since we all know how to behave. :smile:

Q: Do you have plugins on the FTB Server?

A: In all previous FTB servers , because they were public ones.. we NEEDED plugins. Unfortunately, in FTB Infinity Evolved, there is currently no way to add plugins to the server and as such, there's no way to bring some of the features of our main server to the FTB Server. The good news is, the FTB Infinity Evolved pack seems to have its own basic set of features such as sethome/home and claim protections so although we'd like to have plugins over there, in short - no. We dont have plugins on the FTB server.

Q: What happens if the world gets corrupted? Will I lose my work?

A: In the past, when this happened we managed to find ways to delete the offending block from the world thus saving it but with this being a new modpack that is far more modern than the previous ones, I suspect quite strongly that the tools we once used, are no longer usable (this is because most authors do not update their tools after awhile). I am hoping that this is never the case whereby the world does become corrupt... but if it does, and we're unable to fix it - then yes. We will ALL lose our work. Even myself... I have spent many hours so far mining and getting resources for machines and things.

• reaction_title_6 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello there!
I want to apply to join FTB server!
I hope I can ask for vouch from you as you know me from ARK, but I also have a friend who is willing to join with me!

• reaction_title_22 1
  • Upvote 1

On 23/07/2018 at 5:51 PM, Reotte said:

Hello there!
I want to apply to join FTB server!
I hope I can ask for vouch from you as you know me from ARK, but I also have a friend who is willing to join with me!

hey you can certainly join! , this thread was for our OLD ftb server, we now use FTB Infinity Evolevd , and you're more than welcome to join. :)

• Upvote 1