Struan

I have a strange issue

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I joined here looking for some help and I'm hoping you can help. I already own Ark but I am unable to update it through steam and none of the various fixes I've found seem to solve my issue. All I really need is an alternate download for patches. Will the updater work for that or does it only work for a cracked version of the game? This has been an issue for me from the start. Steam is the only app that gives me a problem and at this point I really don't know what else to do. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Hello

I joined here looking for some help and I'm hoping you can help. I already own Ark but I am unable to update it through steam and none of the various fixes I've found seem to solve my issue. All I really need is an alternate download for patches. Will the updater work for that or does it only work for a cracked version of the game? This has been an issue for me from the start. Steam is the only app that gives me a problem and at this point I really don't know what else to do. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Hello well this updater that we use is actually using the same service as what steam clients use to update their game so in theory yes, you should be a able to update your game with it but. I cannot say 100% that it will work. Try it and find out :)

Too much stuff and not enough buckets is what it told me. I can only assume that meant that I was short on disk space but over 200 gigs of free space says otherwise so I'm stumped. When I reopened steam it started to download 13.6 gigs worth of updates which is 12 more than I needed yesterday. It got all the way to 13.4 and stalled again which is usually what happens. I followed the instructions and placed the cmd file in my game directory and the .bat ran for quite some time before the error. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks 

try verifying your game through steam, you may have a corrupted file somewhere otherwise your steam install has some problems with it if its all steam games that do this i would recommend re-installing steam and then re link your steam directory.

Edited by NeO_Painwithin

Verified, uninstalled and reinstalled. Same drive and different drives it makes no difference. I have spent many hours pouring over forum posts on steam and reddit and anywhere else a google search has led me but so far nothing seems to work. All I'm really after is an alternative to steam for the patches. I really don't know if it's even possible or how to do it as I'm not an expert.

Verified, uninstalled and reinstalled. Same drive and different drives it makes no difference. I have spent many hours pouring over forum posts on steam and reddit and anywhere else a google search has led me but so far nothing seems to work. All I'm really after is an alternative to steam for the patches. I really don't know if it's even possible or how to do it as I'm not an expert.

as far as i know, this is not really possible. at least I have never attempted or seen this being done before. even cracked users get their files from steam.