Larsbehet

SA-MP in GTA5

11 posts in this topic

Dear members,

Back in the days there used to be a good old Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas server running the cops and robbers gamemode. Some of it's features were: Businesses you could buy, personal cars which you could change and put modifications on, and in general a cops and robbers atmosphere, people would rob stores and cops would come flying into the store trying to arrest or if needed use force to get the robbers.
SA-MP used to be a really tight community which I were very fond of and enjoyed very much.

A few days ago I was reading up on some gaming news and found out some people had released custom software for GTA 5 online, GTANetwork. It only recently brought it's first release and it seems very promising. I created a basic server and such as came the following idea. The streets were empty, just like in the old SA-MP server. I instantly thought of Team NeO, I'll get to the point.

My idea is to recreate the old SA-MP server in GTANetwork. GTANetwork has proven to me to be stable enough to handle such gamemodes and shouldn't drive Anderson's finance into a wall as servers are fairly cheap to host. I have already started programming some of the fundamentals of the gamemode, easy selection of jobs and attributes and given weapons. But I can't test a gamemode that's in essence completely based on multiple players all by myself.

So I am looking for beta-testers and people that are able to program in either (or both) Javascript and C# as the gamemode needs to be entirely programmed on that. Even if you don't have any experience in programming you could be of great help with testing out new features which I (as I am currently alone) am planning to add daily.

I really hope that I've made you enthusiastic for this new idea to recreate the SA-MP spirit in GTA V. If you would like to become one of the testers or help with development of the server you could always private message me or reply to this post.

Looking forward to a new era of GTA on Team NeO,
Lars

(A quick side note, cracked versions of GTA 5 will not work with GTANetwork)

I'm not sure if they would enjoy it here, most of the players enjoy vanilla and building here, while a minigame server would love it. I'm not the person who would choose, but a poll would be great, nice idea! +rep

What? this has nothing to do with minecraft, its basiclly a revamp of the old SA-MP server we once had.

I myself look forward to seeing where it goes.

Wondering if GTANetwork will last though... 

There were 2 other alternate multiplayer mods by different teams in the works before they had to shut down. Apparently, Take-Two pressured both of them to shut down their projects. I only heard about it because I actually knew one of the coders.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes as well.

Wondering if GTANetwork will last though... 

There were 2 other alternate multiplayer mods by different teams in the works before they had to shut down. Apparently, Take-Two pressured both of them to shut down their projects. I only heard about it because I actually knew one of the coders.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes as well.

This is exactly my concern too. How long before take-two do something to GTANetwork and force them to close aswell. At the end of the day Rockstar can't possibly be happy about GTANetwork since this has potential to hurt their profits. Again like you said, I'm interested to see where this goes...

Yeah, we will see were it goes, it uses the single player side of the game as well and you can use the legit version so maybe there will be some sort of difference.

Update:

Due to my personal situation development is currently on a halt. I'll notify everyone involved as soon as I have the ability to work on the server again.
Meanwhile I'll leave the stuff I managed to get working tho.

Changelog since start - 15/02/2017 (d/m/y)

• Basic car spawning mechanics on server start.
  • Developers have the ability to add new cars to spawnlist
  • A brief introduction to skin selection

Known bugs since start - 15/02/2017 (d/m/y)

• Some cars don't spawn properly due to their name not being the same as their vehicle hash
  • You can still set the car speed of all cars, will be turned off as soon as there will be an fully open beta.

I hope to have informed you enough on this matter, for further questions you can always privately message me (let's not fill this board up with questions).

- Lars

I used to be a member here and when I saw this topic I just had login and post here! I used to play SA-MP Cops and robbers here all the time and I think it's a great idea to attempt to create something on FiveM! Back then I was a kid, now days I am an IT admin at a school and know a bit in programming, but not nearly enough to carry a team on such a project even if it was in the language I know the most (c++, with FiveM they are sticking to Lua). But I just wanted to throw it out there in case if you guys here ever do decide this is something you would like to pursue I would be willing to try to help as much as possible!

Yeah, we will see were it goes, it uses the single player side of the game as well and you can use the legit version so maybe there will be some sort of difference.

Originally it was designed to only let people play if they actually OWNED the game. They developed it alongside Rockstar's DRM, what happened is, it signed in the players SC account and when TakeTwo found out they made rockstar setup something to ban the players, so everyone playing FiveM(The developers of FiveM) were banned which is what killed the project. Because of that it has been redone(This version not opensource, FiveM original which used R* DRM is open source) and now does not require the users SC, it uses a dummy SC account. What will happen no one knows, but hopefully it's able to proceed because the potential of it is extraordinary. With FiveM you can pretty much do anything even replacing the cars in the game so everyone on your server can drive RL versions of the cars..

Edited by REDLiNE-X

Yeah FiveM is still alive i actually play it often, i enjoy playing on the role play servers.

Yeah FiveM is still alive i actually play it often, i enjoy playing on the role play servers.

Yeah it's a great time! I Often play a server called "LS Free Roam 2 with 100+ replaced cars" or w/e or something like that and it's a good time, they made some custom race courses and added the stunt tracks into the map over the water in places with command teleports to them so you can race your friends in Challenger's, Corvette's, Camaro's,  Skyline's all kinds of awesome real cars!

And I know some people here are concerned players here wouldn't be interested, but I disagree in the sense that they don't know until they tried it and more importantly I see that as a method to expand! Attract some new members! I feel that something like this could only help the player base here. Trust me though, I could easily get players in here if you guys had any type of cops and robbers that was even moderately entertaining.. And with the FiveM ability compared to SA-MP, I believe the original SA-MP idea/setup could easily be expanded and be made into a server that all players that like GTA V would love.. I mean when you think about it, how much people was complaining constantly while waiting for R* to release heists online? Well in cops and robbers it could be so much better.. you could expand and revolutionize it and I think if done right the server could bring in people never before playing FiveM if they were to hear about it or see some YouTube footage you know what I mean?

Well seeing how the purpose behind sa-mp was not just to be a cops vs robbers game mode but to be like role play as i know Anderson likes these sort of things, Five Reborn is just that and i think we could pull it off.. just make sure the server is whitelisted so people dont abuse the trainers needed to make it possible.