Team-NeO Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeO_Anderson

Upcoming changes with the release of Minecraft 1.9. Where do we stand?

Okay, so as you're all aware 1.9 has now been released. With that, we've come up with our final plan that may or may not still be altered but this is pretty much what we're going to do. Some of these elements may not be actioned at the very point that 1.9 goes live on the server but it will certainly be done soon after.

So, here is what we're planning for 1.9:

1. The 1.7 World will be taken offline.
  2. A new world will be added to replace the 1.7 world which will be a Survival MC 1.9 world.
  3. The plugin mcMMO will more than likely be reset (85% chance) so give everyone a fresh start and take into account these PVP related changes in 1.9.
  4. The SkyLands world will be taken offline.
  5. The EnderDragon from the SkyLands world will be moved to the End world.
  6. The End world will be enabled again.
  7. The End world will be an 'explore' -type world. By this we mean you will be able to roam around freely, PVP will be enabled along with mobs being able to harm you - however, you will not be able to build or break blocks. This is to prevent us from having to disable the word in the future.
  8. Some of the new additions brought in by the 1.9 update have given some low level cause for concern and we will be monitoring that to see whether or not any action is needed but as it stands now, all of the 1.9 features will be made available without restriction.
  9. The Nether will be reset.
  10. The new 1.9 world will feature a Castle as the spawn kindly made by Macctackz. 

I will update this post accordingly with any changes needed to this. Feel free to post your thoughts and comments. Those marked in green have already been actioned.

PS: If you have donated to have your claim moved from the 1.7 world before its removed, please contact me in PM with the email address used for the donation and which claim(s) you wish to have moved ASAP.

If I could weigh in, perhaps only reset the combat stats of mcMMO? Because the skilling aspects like brewing and acrobatics etc. aren't really affected by the 1.9 update.

i can almost see the PVP abusers in the end

why do you feel it may be abused in The End? pvp is currently enabled everywhere in there at the moment.

Atm we cant kill the dragon or those new weird kinda mobs, also would it be possible to enable chest to obtain the loot from the dungeons like insane armour tools. Also the new 2 enchands are almost only obtainable in dungeons, the only other way is villagers and they ask emeralds which are hard to get sometimes. Perhaps we could setup a shop for those near end spawn instead ? 

Yet the enderdragon has those multiple endercrystals to regenerate himself and it's yet impossible to beat him while we can't do anything to destroy those endercrystals(+checked it last time that they updated it and covered those endercrystals around 6x6 with iron bars)

why do you feel it may be abused in The End? pvp is currently enabled everywhere in there at the moment.

Well people will use the end for pvp instead of skylands (most probably) and pvp abuser central

Well people will use the end for pvp instead of skylands (most probably) and pvp abuser central

I'm really not concerned about PVP abusers like AT ALL because we've provided players with a pvp arena that protects them from such activities and if they choose willingly to play in a place that has no protections then that's well and truly upto them. By doing that they're saying "I agree to be PVP-abused and risk loosing item(s) or battles following that abuse." so I really have no concerns over anyone PVPing there. lol. My only concern would be for those new-ish players wanting to fight the dragon...and getting killed after they collect the experience but I guess great reward shouldn't come without great difficulty.

@ender dragon healers, this is now fixed.

@end chests and wings i will find a way to introduce these into the game. At the moment, I think killign dragon will drop the wings. That would be the best way to get that into the game. It makes no sense in making it so that they're on the painting frames because after the first person gets it..thats it...no more... lol.

Pvp isn't currently enabled in the end? Or at least it didn't work when we tried.

Pvp isn't currently enabled in the end? Or at least it didn't work when we tried.

Though so wasn't sure. Not that i mind though no one can abuse pvp then either :P